Looking for dog-friendly things to do this weekend in Oxford and the surrounding area? Why not check out our recommendation for events happening this bank holiday that you and your dog can enjoy.
Foodies Festival, South Parks, Oxford
Sat 25th – Mon 27th August 2018
Back in South Parks for another year, the Foodies Festival is a dog-friendly event full of food stalls, live music, and celebrity chef guests. This year sees a brand new Musicians Against Homelessness music stage and extended opening times. So head out for a day of food and drink that your pup will be sure to enjoy – just be sure to keep them on a leash!
- Over 30 street food stalls;
- Cooking and baking demonstrations, including chocolate making, cake decorating and Kombucha workshops;
- Masterclasses in the Drinks Theatre;
- A market area where you can sample and buy from artisan producers;
- Cocktails available from the Tequila Shack, Tikki Rum Bar, Gin Station;
- Cream pie throwing, cheese stretching and chilli eating competitions
- Special guests including Great British Bake Off 2017 winner Sophie Faldo, and the new MasterChef 2018 winner Kenny Tutt.
- Music from THE HOOSIERS on Saturday 26th August and DODGY and TOPLOADER on Sunday 27th August
Times and Tickets:
|Sat 25th August||11am-9pm||£5-£18|
|Sun 26th August||11am-9pm||£5-£18|
|Mon 27th August||11am-6pm||£5-£16|
How to get there:
There isn’t a car park at South Park, so it’s best to take the bus (get the 8, 9, 4A, 4B, 4C and 400 to St Clements), taxi, or to walk in. The nearest car park is Union Street Car Par off the Cowley Road or the car park near St Clements car park.
Are you heading the The Foodies Festival this bank holiday weekend? Tag us in your photos or use #oxforddog to be featured.